INFO & TICKETS
FINALS WEEKEND UPDATE
Revised schedule for Saturday and Sunday
Saturday 17th February:
1st Session, Doors open 12:15, Women’s first semi-final, 13:15, Men’s first semi-final, follow on
2nd Session, Doors open 16:30, Women’s second semi-final, 17:30, Men’s second semi-final, follow on
Sunday 18th February
Doors open, 16:30, Women’s final, 17:30, Men’s final, 18:30
These changes have been brought about by another sporting event in the adjacent athletics area which is likely to create significant spectator and background noise which would detract from spectator experience. We appreciate the late notification of these changes, but can assure you we have acted as quickly as possible and in everyone’s best interests.
Tue 13th Feb to Sun 18th Feb 2018
Men’s & Women’s Events :
National Squash Centre, Rowsley Street, M11 3FF
Note: All parking for the Championships will be at the Etihad Campus Blue Car Parks, use M11 3DU.
Masters Events :
Men’s & Women’s Entries : CLOSED
Masters Entries : CLOSED
Tickets for all sessions can be purchased online, or on the door (online is 20% cheaper)
|Tue 13th||Qualifying||12.00 – 21.00||doors open daily one hour before start of play|
|Wed 14th||Qualifying||12.00 – 21.00|
|Thu 15th||Round One||12.00 – 21.00|
|Fri 16th||Quarters||12.00 – 21.00|
|Sat 17th||Semis I
|12.00 – 16.00
17.00 – 21.00
|Sun 18th||Finals||15.00 & 17.00|
For tournament enquiries:
Paul Walters, Tournament Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries including accreditation:
Donna Helmer, Content & Communications Manager – 07890 615309 | email@example.com
The National Squash Championships is one of the most prestigious events on the British calendar and is one not to be missed as top professionals past and present from all around the British Isles battle for the coveted titles.
Held annually in February at the National Squash Centre in Manchester, the Championships have been running since the 1970s and attract more than 400 players across 19 categories, from the men’s and women’s main draws right up to the Over 80s. The tournament also hosts the National Deaf Squash Championships.
The Nationals in numbers
- There are 21 different draws – the main men’s and women’s draw and 19 Master categories.
- Nick Matthew holds the record for the most men’s National titles won – 9 in total.
- Cassie Jackman holds the record for the most women’s National titles won – 6 in total.
- Pat Kirton has won 17 National Masters titles.
- The 2017 tournament saw 13-year-old Sam Todd from Pontefract become the youngest ever player to feature at a Nationals, with 81 Lance Kinder become the oldest.
- Since its inception in 1974, Yorkshire have produced the most Nationals champions with seven different winners across the men’s and women’s main draws.
- Current Over 45s champion Nick Taylor has won 8 Nationals Masters titles.
- The tournament has been held at Manchester’s National Squash Centre at Sportcity since 2003.